Sunday, March 27, 2011

Final Blog Post - Summary


When I first began this project, I had an inkling of an idea, a thought that had crossed my mind and was sitting in the back of my head. By doing this blog (almost) every week, it forced me to spend time thinking, working on and exploring my idea of Clapboard. I am really proud and excited about it, and who knows where it will go! It's really great having it down on (figurative) paper that I can direct people to when I'm explaining it in the future.
My entrepreneurial idea in summary is to create a social network revolving around the film industry, and how people watch and interact with movies. On Clapboard users receive points based on their viewings of movies in a hierarchy based on where and how they see the movie, whether online, in theatres, rented etc. You can also review movies, become a "director" of a movie, use your points towards rewards and much much more, take a look at my previous posts.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this project. I got more and more excited as I fleshed out my various ideas for Clapboard. I also really enjoyed looking at other classmates ideas and blogs. I looked and commented on Tim Cheng's all-in-one gaming device, Julia Pantalone's wireless curling iron, and Jenna Foote's blog review all of which I found very interesting. I'll be curious to see a couple years down the road who from our class will end up putting their ideas into practice, the next RJ Sherman if you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment